An AV receiver is a must for the most impactful home entertainment center, home theater or living room media experience. Paired with speakers, an AV receiver like the Yamaha TSR-7810 provides excellent sound quality for television, movies and music.
Yamaha is a well-established brand for all things sound-related. It has also been specifically recognized by consumer guides for its top AV receivers. The TSR-7810 has been discontinued, but can now be purchased refurbished.
This receiver may not be the very newest anymore, but it is compatible with all the latest devices. Also, refurbished or new, it consistently receives high ratings across different sites.
If you want top technology from a top brand but not a top price, the Yamaha TSR-7810 could be right. Refurbished products still come with guarantees and should work like new.
What We Love About the Yamaha TSR-7810 Receiver
With six HDMI inputs, you will be able to connect a handful of devices. Also, you can connect devices via WiFi, Airplay or Bluetooth. So, connect your TV for long-term theater-quality sound, or hook up your phone and play a playlist for a party.
This AV receiver enhances sound in a space to make it seem like there are additional speakers there. This is done through virtual speakers, especially in the back of your room. It not only creates great sound quality, but may also save you money on additional equipment.
Read on to learn about the Yamaha TSR-7810’s specifications, features, what people said about it and more.
Yamaha TSR-7810 Network AV Receiver Specs
- Channels: 7.2
- Cinema DSP: Yes (3D)
- Dialog Level Adjustment: Yes
- Virtual Surround Back Speaker: Yes
- Dialogue Lift: Yes (no presence speakers required)
- Dolby Sound Options: Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Surround, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes (including for Bluetooth®)
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial Volume and Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (with Wireless Direct)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (SBC / AAC)
- Phono Input: Yes
- Component Video Input/Output: 2 / 1
- FM / AM Tuner: Yes
- App Control: Yes (iPhone® / iPad® / Android™ phone / tablet)
- Web Browser Control: Yes
- Remote Control Unit: Yes
- Auto Power Standby: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D):17 – 1/8” x 6 – 3/4” x 14 – 7/8” (17 – 1/8” x 9 – 1/4” x 14 – 7/8” with antenna up)
- Weight: 23.4 lbs.
Yamaha TSR-7810 AV Receiver Features
This AV receiver both has and works with the latest technology. Below are some of its standout features.
- DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos: If you recognize the names of these sound technologies, it is probably from the movie theater. They provide multidimensional sound that creates an experience in your home.
- Dolby Atmos Speaker Patterns: Multiple placement patterns are available for speakers that support Dolby Atmos. You can create a sound field specific to your setup.
- MusicCast: Wirelessly play music or your television sounds in up to nine rooms. You can stream with any of your preferred music apps.
- Multiple Connections: The TSR-7810 has six HDMI inputs, one output and an option for 4K HDMI passthrough. It is also possible to connect via Bluetooth, Airplay, Spotify Connect and WiFi. In addition, you can use it with your voice controlled devices like Alexa and Echo.
- Phono Input: You can also connect this AV receiver to a classic record player if you have a record collection.
- Gapless Playback: You can choose or deselect to use the gapless playback option to eliminate breaks between songs.
- Virtual Surround Sound: You do not have to have a room full of speakers to enjoy surround sound with the TSR-7810. It works virtually.
- AV Controller App: You can control volume, input selection etc., from a smartphone with Yamaha’s app.
What Makes the Yamaha TSR-7810 Network AV Receiver So Awesome
Here are some of the AV receiver’s best characteristics, summed up.
- Highly Technical: The features for music playback and sound field creation are current and impressive technology.
- Trusted Sound Brand: We have all experienced Yamaha’s musical instruments, microphones, amplifiers or other professional tools. It is an expert brand in sound since the 19th century.
- Value: Since this receiver is now only sold refurbished or used, you get an impressive product at a discount price.
How to Install the Yamaha TSR-7810 Network AV Receiver
Yamaha has one app that walks customers through the setup process with any of a number of their AV receiver models. You can download it for iOS or Android devices and simply follow along, inputting information and connecting as needed.
The app asks customers to indicate which Yamaha model they have. It then guides them through the various settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and assigning the power amp.
Find the guide on Yamaha’s website. It also does come with a lengthy paper manual. In addition, you may choose to hire someone to help you achieve an optimal setup.
User Feedback and Reviews: What People Said About the Yamaha TSR-7810 Network AV Receiver
It is worthwhile to peruse home theater- and sound system-related blogs as well as customer reviews on Amazon and store sites. This will inform any consumer’s expectations about the product, as well as purchasing decision. Regarding this product, though, customers expressed more pros than cons.
Most Common Complaints
- Picks Up Radio Signals: Some reviewers said the receiver picks up sound signals from nearby radio towers.
- Requires Technical Expertise: Some customers reported that you need to have some technical understanding of sound systems in order to maximize setup.
Most Common Praises
- Quality and Value: Particularly with buying this receiver refurbished, customers expressed they were getting very high quality for the price.
- Many Excellent Features: The Yamaha TSR-7810 also has a number of the latest in technical sound features. It takes time to work with them all, but it pays off with excellence.
- Compatibility and Connectability: The receiver has plenty of inputs for wired connectability. It can also be used to connect with all the latest devices many different ways.
How Much Does the Yamaha TSR-7810 Network AV Receiver Cost?
Yamaha has discontinued this particular model. As mentioned above, however, it can be bought refurbished from Amazon and other sites and stores. When new, these receivers formerly cost $849.95.
Refurbished, they are available for under $300. A guarantee or other seller commitment is still available when purchasing the product refurbished.
Why Buy the Yamaha TSR-7810 Network AV Receiver?
If you are serious about creating or maintaining an up-to-date, elegant sound system, this receiver could be for you. It has every current feature one could need for a home theater or media sound system.
Yamaha as a company knows their technology when it comes to sound. This is the type of receiver, especially at refurbished prices, that even a sound engineer might choose for home.
With the TSR-7810, you can create the feel and sound environment of any virtual room even with virtual speakers. It precisely improves the quality of music playback, available via numerous devices and connections. In short, it sounds great.
Use it with all your devices and connect to speakers in many rooms of your home. Reviewers agree this receiver is well worth the initial investment.