Starting a U-Tube Vlog? You are all ready to go except for the camera. What makes a vlog different from a blog? That’s easy.
The vlog is a video blog. It is videos instead of words. If you want a blog on cake making you would write about different cakes, how to bake them and how to decorate them.
With a vlog you will show your followers different cakes, show and tell them how to make it and show them how to decorate it. This is all done with a video camera, now often called a vlogging camera.
Many vlogging cameras are quite expensive but there are still some very good ones for under $100. What should you look for in an under $100 vlogging camera? Which cameras on the market today make the grade? Let’s take a look.
What makes a good vlogging camera? What are the features you are looking for and can count on in an under $100 camera? What do you need to keep in mind?
Two of the most important things to keep in mind as you begin your search. Those two things are content – what are you going to talk about – and your camera.
You need a good quality camera and the accessories that go with it. What makes a good quality vlogging camera?
- First stay with recognizable manufacturers with good reputations in cameras – companies like Canon, Sony, Nikon. Even at lower price levels if you know what you are buying, you won’t be sorry.
- Look for the most important accessories to your vlog and buy a camera that offers good quality in those accessories.
- What is your content and how will the camera support it?
Obviously with a vlog your audio is very important. You can have a top quality picture, but if you viewers can’t hear or understand you because your audio is garbled or quiet.
You won’t have a successful vlog. So, the microphone is one of your most important accessories.
Some cameras will have special microphone but many of them will have a jack for you to add an external microphone. Many do have built in microphones, but those mics can allow for background noise on the video.
Where the mic is on the camera is also important. It needs to be on the front. Pay attention to the specifications and reviews on the microphone or use an external one.
The Resolution with which your camera records the video is extremely important. Most inexpensive models usually have a 720p HD when you might want one that goes up to 1080p.
This is another area where you will have to decide what is most important to you. You will mostly find point and shoot cameras at this price level.
What type of content you are doing will have an impact on how much resolution you need.
With a personal vlog and a few followers, a resolution of 780p or even 1080p. However, if you gain thousands or tens of thousands of followers you will need a professional camera that is out of this range.
What could weight have to do with the quality of the vlogging camera? Well most vlogs need portability in the camera. This means you need a lightweight camera.
You can’t carry a heavy camera everywhere you go to get your videos. If you don’t need portability, we recommend a more expensive camera.
More control over settings and outcomes if you need a better focus.
Good for beginners; can’t change setting.
Effect of Vlogging Platform
You-tube might require a different camera than if your vlog is on Facebook or another site. Your type of camera might be dictated by your vlogging platform.
depends on the company making your camera and the model of the camera.
Best Vlogging Camera Under 100 TABLE
|Sony DSCW800||5x Zoom Lens & 10x Digital Zoom|
|Nikon Coolpix A10||5x Zoom Lens|
|Nikon Coolpix L32||5x Zoom Lens|
|Ivation 20MP Underwater||4x Zoom Lens|
|Canon PowerShot A2300||5x Zoom Lens|
|Yisence HD Underwater||Digital Underwater|
|Digital Vlogging Camera Full||16x ZoomLens|
Our 1st Pick: Sony DSCW800 DigitalThis Sony DSCW 800 is our first choice with cameras that are under $100 because it meets so many of the criteria in our buying guide. First of all, you have a solid reputable brand.
It’s a brand that offers you a history of quality with electronics and cameras. Because you are dealing with a large, reputable company, you receive a good guarantee as well.
The DSCW800 offers you more features than anyone would expect on a camera that is under $100.
- Maximum resolution of 5152X3864 – highest for a small sensor camera.
- 20.0 MP Super CDD sensor of 1/2.3” (6.17 x 4.55mm) Provides detailed images.
- 720 HD Video at 30fps Image Stabilization.
- Professional 5X Optical Zoom Lens. 35mm equivalent.
- 360 “ Panorama Sweep
- Auto Smile Capture Shutter takes a picture anytime it detects a smile. Candid smile shots.
- Low noise and minimal blur
- Out of the box easy point and shoot in “Easy” mode.
- USB charge from computer.
- “Simplify” is a user friendly interface.
- Light weight and compact at 125g.
- Accepts Sony SD cards and Memory Sticks.
- Affordability with unmatched quality at this price.
The only draw back this camera seems to have is it does not have wireless connectivity. In today’s world there is an obvious need for this. However, it is still the best deal in the under $100 category.
Our 2nd Pick : Nikon Coolpix A10
The next two cameras on our list are both Nikon Coolpix – where once again you are getting a reputable and reliable brand with an array of features and accessories that are surprising at this price level.
Our 3rd Pick : Nikon CoolPic L32The cousin of the Nikon CoolPic A100 is the Nikon CoolPic L32. This camera is just a little more expensive and while offering much of the same features as the A10, the L32 also offers its own.
Our 4th Pick : Ivation 20MP UnderwaterHere we have a rugged vlogging camera for those of you who go under water for your content. The Ivation is not only waterproof up to ten feet, it is also shockproof and dustproof.
Our 5th Pick : Canon PowerShot A2300
Here we have another, if not the most, reputable brand name especially in cameras. Aside from Nikon there might not be another brand associated with cameras as Canon.
This under $100 Canon vlogging camera is a good for more reasons than just its name.
The best of these are the optical view finder with pre-existing image features. You do give up some resolution in favor of the additional features.
Our 6th Pick : Yisence HD Underwater
Our last two choices do not have the brand recognition of Canon and Nikon within the world pf professional photography.
However, they are both great choices for the under one hundred dollar market. What makes the Yisence HD Underwater Camera so special?
- Great compact design including a lanyard so that even in the water you can have it safely attached to your wrist and be ready to shoot at any time.
- It is dustproof as well for those grand adventure along the old roads, mountains and deserts of the country.
- It’s lightweight – again making it easy to carry and travel with.
- Waterproof up to ten feet and for about an hour. Your can take stills or videos under water.
- 14 optional resolutions and 24MP, with a built in LED flash light.
- Video at 1920X1080 full HD.
- Save your videos on an external SD card. With the built in USB port, you can easily transfer your pic or videos.
- While the effective pixels are at 5.0, the max is at 24MP
Our 7th Pick : Digital Vlogging Camera Full HD1080pFinally, we come to the vlogging camera made by Sunlea. They do not have a very recognizable brand at this point.
The Sunlea Digital Vlogging Camera with full HD19=08p and 24.0MP Camcorder is one of the best choices for an $100 or less purchase. Why?
Because it has so many features and if you do any underwater aspect for your vlog, you need a good underwater camera.
For the money you get a lot with the Sunlea, even though you are not getting those age old brand names.
The Sunlea Digital Vlogging Camera has many features and functions to satisfy any vlogger.
- The camera is designed to be lightweight and compact but still durable and sturdy. Easy to travel with this one.
- 3.0 inches LCD flip screen that can be rotated 180 degrees. 1080p resolution for video and 24mp for stills. Excellent quality of both videos and stills. Ability to upload the content easily.
- The flashlight is retractable and also can be popped up for larger shots.
- Ease of use right out of the box. The Sunlea is user friendly.
- Built in microphone and speaker.
- Electronic stabilization so you don’t get blurred images and don’t need a tripod.
- Built in WIFI connection.
So, you can see that there are a wide variety of digital cameras for vlogging that are priced under $100. I So, you can see that there are a wide variety of digital cameras for vlogging that are priced under $100. f you include straight up camcorders in your search, then there are a lot more.
These are just the best of the pack. You will need to see which one has the features you need for a price you want to pay.
Given our review of these and your research into any other cameras, we are certain you will find what you need and want for less than $100.
Why not try one of these and see how it meets your vlogging needs?
Top10Reiviwer.Com is built in order to provide business owners and other regular users with independent tech reviews.
We hope our informed writers did a good job reviewing your favorite products. If not, please let us know.