One of the main challenges of those who frequently entertain at home is how to serve some great cocktails to their guests. Most of us shy away from trying that out as we think it is not easy to mix up a nice variety of cocktails. Well, we couldn’t be more wrong!
With just a few basic essentials, one can create some great cocktails that are simple and easy to make, and the most classic. It is easy to learn and mix up a variety of quick cocktails that are sure to be the rage at your next party. As you practice, you gain confidence and become an expert in creating cocktails, and moreover, you can save quite a bit of money.
Just browse through some great ideas and recipes for cocktails that should be on your at-home drinks menu by downloading the best cocktail apps over at top10.com. You can add a lemon wheel or a maraschino cherry or orange slice or use whatever you like to get that full effect and impact.
- Mojito – This is a cocktail that should be on your menu, and it is very simple to make. Just mix up lime juice, mint, and soda water. This iconic Cuban drink is not too sweet and is loved for its bubbly and minty fresh taste.
- Black Russian – Serve the delicious drink, which is perfect for those on a tight budget. All you need to do is mix up vodka and coffee liqueur to make the Black Russian, and just add cream and top it with club soda if you want a White Russian.
- Tom Collins – Try your hand at this classic cocktail, which is bubbly, fun, and can make any evening spirited. The sweet and sour drink is refreshing and made with gin, lemon juice, soda water, and simple syrup. Add a glug of brandy or muddled raspberries to give the cocktail a twist.
- Piña colada – Your menu remains incomplete if you do not have Piña colada on the list. Everyone loves the super-smooth combination of coconut and pineapple, and one can even create an alcohol-free option.
- Rum and Coke – It is impossible to ignore the simplest formula that requires just two ingredients, rum, and coke. You can add fresh lime or lime cola for that old-fashioned soda drink. It is undoubtedly more than an entry-level cocktail, but the ingredients should be simple and in balance.
- Simple Negroni – It is effortless to make this simple classic negroni by mixing together bitter Campari, sweet vermouth, and gin. The traditional Italian drink can be quickly made at home and is worth trying out. Everyone loves its smooth, spicy, and warm flavors and all at once.
- Moscow mule – You must learn how to make this festive, fizzy, and tangy drink that is so simple to make. First invented in the 1940s, Moscow mule is a timeless recipe that requires only three ingredients, vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice, and just minutes to make.
- Shandy – The brilliantly simple drink is very refreshing to enjoy, especially during warm summer evenings. All you need is your favorite beer and some fresh lemonade to make Shandy. You can try out other variations with other citrus fruits of the season. You can give your cocktail some more flavors with vodka and ginger and make it a bit crisper.
- Martini- Martini is indeed the king of many cocktail menus and can be enjoyed with gin or vodka. Just mix two ingredients, gin or vodka, with dry vermouth to make a traditional martini. Give a fruity spin to the vodka martini and make a pomegranate martini to get a refreshing start. Your guests will love the sophisticated drink with a sweet and clean flavor.
- The Daiquiri – Daiquiri recipe requires just lime juice and simple syrup that are mixed with rum. However, you can try out other flavors to diversity the drink and make strawberry daiquiri or a banana daiquiri or add any other fruit or herbs of your choice. The classic daiquiri is simply delicious and one of the easiest to make.
Go ahead and surprise your guests and let them wonder about your skills as you hand them some simple, classic cocktails that are easy to master. Create a colorful Aperol spritz or hand them a frothy espresso martini or an elegant martini and leave them impressed with your professional spin in the world of mixology.