Getting a drum sander is generally a good idea if you have to sand materials like wood and plastic. Drum sanders are commonly used on larger surfaces like for floorings and aesthetic work like removing imperfections. If this describes the kind of work you need to be done, the SuperMax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander is a great product to look at.
When getting a new sander, the first thing you need to consider is the nature of your work. A drum sander like this one has a lot more industrial strength than your typical handheld sander.
This is why people with considerably large sanding jobs will use a drum sander. It is hard to match the level of efficiency for sanding large slabs of wood and plastic than what we can find present in this model.
On this page, we will review this popular drum sander from SuperMax. To do this, we will explore the most noteworthy specifications, compare it with some of the other top models, and give you all the information you need to decide whether or not you want to purchase it.
SuperMax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander Specs
- Weight: 148 lbs.
- Motor Power: 1.5 HP
- Dimensions: 22 x 34 x 48 inches
- Drum Speed: 1740 RPM
- Sanding Width: 32”
- Dust Collector: yes
- Sanding Length: 2 1/4”
- Sanding Thickness: 1/32” to 3”
- Warranty: 2 years
SuperMax Tools Models Available
On this page, we will be reviewing the SuperMax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander. Below, we will focus much more in-depth on this model.
SuperMax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander Features
This SuperMax drum sander has various features that help make it worth considering. When we compare the features of this model with other top-quality drum sanders on the market, it still stands out as a great option. The features are very similar to those we find in most of the competition within this price range, if not better and more advanced.
Here is an in-depth look at some of the most noteworthy features to keep in mind.
Strong Motor: The motor of this model is 1.5 HP, giving it plenty of power. When we compare the motor of this model with other drum sanders, it matches up the specifications we find in top-quality models. The efficiency won’t be an issue for you with this model.
Large Sanding Area: Drum sanders like this one really stand out from other types of sanders in that they have plenty of sanding space on the drum. This model has a 32 x 2 1/4” sanding area, making it as large as about any other sander on the market. Although replacing the sanders can be a little hectic, the vast sanding areas will make up for the lost time.
Comparatively Lightweight: Drum sanders are notoriously heavy. The same definitely holds true with this model. However, it has a nice lower-than-average weight of 148 pounds. This makes it very lightweight of a model when we compare it with other top options.
Fast Drum Speed: The speed of the drum is one of the areas where we can predict the overall efficiency of a drum sander. At 1740 RPM, this model’s drum sanding speed won’t be an issue for anybody looking for the most efficiency possible. With both a fast spinning drum and a large sanding area, this product matches up pound-for-pound with just about any competitor.
What Makes the SuperMax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander So Awesome
As we saw when looking at the features and specifications of this model, there are many reasons that this drum sander is worth buying. However, here are a few things which help
- Efficiency – In terms of efficiency, this model is a very high-quality drum sander. With an above-average drum speed and sanding area, this drum sander about as efficient as it can possibly be without risking burns and serious damage.
- Comes with a Stand – Having a stand with your drum sander helps you work at your own level. The stand on this model is made with a strong metal frame, making it sturdy enough for years of use.
- Great Dust Collection – Dust is the most irritating thing that one can encounter with sanders. If you get a power sander like this SuperMax Drum Sander, then dust collection won’t be an issue
How to Use the SuperMax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander
A drum sander can be a little difficult to use as a beginner. In order to help you out, we have some basic tips for you to get started. Using the instructions below, you will quickly get started using the SuperMax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander with ease.
1. Install Sanding Paper
To get started, open up the drum compartment and get your spare sanding paper ready. There are clips on both sides of the drum which will hold the sandpaper in place. Roll the strips down the drum evenly until it is covered in sandpaper.
2 Adjust Height and Tension Rollers
Before you can just start sanding away, you will need to position the machine properly. Using the lever at the top of the device, slowly position the height until it fits perfectly for the material you need to be sanded.
3. Switch on the Device and Sand Away
Now that you have all the basic settings ready to go, you are set to begin sanding. Place your first material that needs to be sanded on the table and turn on the device. Within seconds, it should begin sanding automatically.
User Feedback & Reviews: What People Said About SuperMax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander 250
The feedback of a model says a lot about how effective and quality it is as a whole. As we will demonstrate, there are many great things to be said about this product. At the same time, though, there are a couple of setbacks that you should be aware of.
Here is a look into what people have been saying about the SuperMax Tools 16 – 32 Drum Sander
You Most Common Complaints
- A little bulky: Getting a drum sander almost always means that you will need to have the extra space at hand. The same definitely holds true with this model. Although it is a little bulky, those with plenty of space ready will still be happy.
- Pricey: If you want a nice drum sander, be ready to pay the cost. This definitely holds true with this model. Although a little expensive, the features will probably show you why it is worth the cost.
Most Common Praises
- Power & Efficiency: The power and efficiency of this model are really what make it top-quality. This is also partially why this drum sander is so popular and widely-acclaimed.
- Strong Conveyer: The conveyer belt of this model is commonly praised for running smooth and tracking the material perfectly with each sanding job.
- Large Drum: The drum size of this model is a lot larger than many other models. This naturally makes it a lot easier to sand large slabs of wood and plastic in less time.
How Much Does SuperMax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander Cost?
One thing we have tried to make clear on this page is the high-quality of this drum sander. Especially when we compare it to some of the main competitors it has on the market.
However, you need to budget a little extra money if you want to buy this drum sander. Expect to pay right around $1000. Of course, this price is subject to change at any time.
Professional Drum Sander With Top-Quality Features
The SuperMax 16 – 32 Drum Sander is a great choice for anybody who needs to sand large slabs of wood, plastic, and other similar materials. It has a large sanding area, an included sand, and all the power you need for efficiently handling professional sanding jobs.