2 used from $129.99
- 10-inch chef's knife with one-piece stainless-steel bolster, tang, and end-cap
- Precision-forged in Japan by renowned blade manufacturer KAI
- 33 layers of stainless steel for a rust-free Damascus look
- Comfortable D-shaped Pakkawood handle; washing by hand recommended
- Measures approximately 16-4/5 by 3 by 1 inches; limited lifetime warranty
The Shun DM0707 Classic Chef’s Knife, 10-Inch is a practical, yet full-sized knife (10 inches) you should certainly try. Made with only the finest knife-making materials, this piece offers chefs of all levels of expertise more than most other products do.
Why should I get the Shun DM0707 Premier Chef’s Knife, 10-Inch?
For one thing, this knife is probably one of the largest of its kind. Many people may wonder why anybody would need such a long knife for everyday cooking. Well, maybe you don’t, but you should know, however, that many tasks that involve cutting different types of meat, such as veal, fowl or pork will call for a longer than usual knife. Not to mention hunters or experienced fishermen who need to butcher and process animals, like antelope or fish, like salmon or tuna. Despite its length, the knife is amazingly well-balanced and does not tend to slip in any way.
Another outstanding feature is the knife’s finish. Since the blade has a hand-hammered finish, it is unique in shape and shine. Many users have described the blade as if it were a jewel.
Also, in spite of its length, the blade is very thin. Many unwarned users were surprised by this feature in the beginning, but eventually got used to handling it more comfortably.
Shun DM0707 Premier Chef’s Knife, 10-Inch: What you should know:
- Top-quality multi-layered stainless steel.
- Resistant and practical blade: made of numerous layers of only the best stainless steel, this knife is incredibly sharp.
- Hand-hammered finish (Tsuchime) enables cooks to reduce food drag, thus preventing food from sticking.
- Firm Pakkawood handle that makes gripping it much easier for most amateur chefs.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
Customers all over have given their views which cover all sorts of aspects.
One of the most noteworthy comment, however, concerns with the pleasure involved in using the Shun DM0707 Premier Chef’s Knife, 10-Inch, even if you are just a recreational chef. Many satisfied people tell tales about how easy it is to dice, slice or chop all kinds of food with this utensil. Moreover, others have gone as far as to say that they could not get back to cooking without this knife, even if they had to.
Some people have shown certain concerns, however, especially regarding handling and maintenance. Even when the knife looks fragile –it is very thin and the fact that it is long, makes it look even thinner, it has been made to last a lifetime provided proper care is given to it. If users are careful when manipulating it, they will be safe and the knife will last longer.
This is a must-have piece of cutlery for any well-equipped kitchen.