Chainsaws have long been the tool of choice for people who have thick and heavy materials that need to be cut.
The most common instance of this is for those who need to cut down a tree. Chainsaws like the Remington 20 inch Chainsaw are a great choice for those who want to cut thick materials quickly.
Unless you want to try and cut down thick tree trunks with an axe or similar type of manual tool, a chainsaw is the better choice. Especially in terms of cutting power and efficiency.
As you might already know, choosing the right chainsaw will require some research. The best chainsaw should start up quickly, have lots of power, and have an anti-vibration system.
Also, it should be easy to operate. On this page, we will both help you understand the market of chainsaws and review on the most popular options to consider, the Remington 20-inch Chainsaw.
Remington 20-inch Chainsaw Specs
- Weight: 16.6 lbs.
- Chainsaw Length: 20 inches
- Dimensions: 36 x 12 x 12”
- MPH: 0.5 to 12 MPH
- Automatic Oiler: Yes
- Engine Power: 46cc
- Power Source: Gasoline
Other Models Available
|Husqvarna 16-inch Gas Chainsaw|
|Poulan Pro PR5020|
As we can see, there are lots of other great models to consider if you want to get a high-quality chainsaw. Since this is a Remington 20-inch chainsaw review, we will now focus our attention on this model.
Remington 20-inch Chainsaw Features
Chainsaw quality can easily be measured by looking at a small handful of features. When we match up the features of this model with some of the other top-options available, it is clear that this model remains as one of the heavy-hitters in this niche.
Keep the following features in mind while determining what the best chainsaw for your needs is. As you will learn, this is a great example to reference while shopping around for one of the best chainsaws.
20-inch Saw: This model has an above-average saw length. With 20 inches of cutting space, there are few objects that won’t be able to be cut with this model. This means that a tree trunk around 15 inches in diameter, for example, can easily be cut using this chainsaw.
Quick Start Engine: When using gas-powered devices, one of the biggest burdens you might face is when you have to start the engine. This model has a simple pull-start mechanism that is spring-assisted. This will help you start the chainsaw quickly each time.
Keeps your Chain Oiled: Products with gas motors also require oil in order for the engine to work properly. Chainsaws also need to stay oiled up on the chains or they can easily encounter problems. Since this model has an automatic oiling system, keeping your chains oiled will be an effortless task.
Anti-Vibration: If your chainsaw starts to heavily vibrate while being used, you can much more easily make mistakes and ruin your cutting jobs. Since this model has a 5-point anti-vibration system, it will stay still while you are using it. Although there will always be mild rumbles with any sort of chainsaw, this product cuts back on them really well.
What Makes the Remington 20-inch Chainsaw So Awesome
There are many reasons that this model is heavily worth considering. Especially if you want a top-quality chainsaw at a reasonable price. Here are a few more reasons why this is such a great model to purchase.
- Comes with a case – When you are done with your work, having a hard storage case like what comes with this model will really come in handy.
- 2-year warranty – Having a warranty is a great indicator of the manufacturer’s confidence in the product’s durability. With a two-year warranty, you can be rest assured that this chainsaw will last at least this one.
- Lots of power – This chainsaw has a 46cc gas-powered motor. To put this in perspective, this is enough power to slice through a tree trunk without exerting much muscle strength.
How to Use the Remington 20-inch Chainsaw
Using the Remington 20-inch chainsaw is not that different than any other chainsaw model on the market. If you need a little extra help on your first attempt, though, here are some basic instructions to get you started with your new chainsaw.
1. Put on Protective Gear
Chainsaws are a very loud tool to use. The most important thing for you to consider, then, should be your safety. Put on protective goggles and/or earmuffs before you turn on the device.
2. Plan Out Your Cut
Before you turn on the device, you need to have a plan. After all, chainsaws are dangerous to use and be around. Make sure you know exactly where you will make your first cut before turning on the device.
3. Turn on the Chainsaw and Make the First Cut
Now that you are protected and have a plan, go ahead and turn on the chainsaw. Slowly make your first cut to have an understanding of the device’s power. Once you start to build confidence and experience you will get much more efficient.
User Feedback & Reviews: What People Said About Remington 20-inch Chainsaw
Before you decide if this is the best chainsaw for your needs, it’s a good idea to look through some of the feedback which exists.
This will help you better know what to expect from the model. To help you out, we have compiled some of the most common complaints and praises of this model.
You Most Common Complaints
- Not for Professional Use: There are various professionals who don’t recommend this model for day-to-day consistent use. According to these people, this model is best for those who only need to use it every now and then.
- Breakable Parts: Since this chainsaw is so affordable, one of the most understandable cutbacks from the manufacturer is found in certain parts. There are various plastic parts which can be easily broken if you don’t handle this chainsaw properly.
Most Common Praises
- Chain Oil: The automatic chain oiling system is one of the most commonly praised features of this chainsaw. Since the chain will automatically keep itself oiled, this is one less thing for the user to ever worry about.
- Included Case: Having a case will come in handy with a large and bulky product such as a chainsaw. The included hard case perfectly fits and stores the machine between uses and keeps it protected.
- Power & Efficiency: The 40cc motor and 20-inch cutting area are two reasons why this model is more powerful and efficient than many of its competition. This is also something widely echoed among those who buy this product.
How Much Does Remington 20-inch Chainsaw Cost?
Getting a chainsaw is normally a pretty sizeable expense. The same definitely holds true for this model. However, this model has a very reasonable price when we compare it to similar models.
To purchase this model, make sure to have around $200 sitting around. As you will see, this is a very competitive price for a top-quality chainsaw like this one.
Excellent Chainsaw with Plenty of Power, Efficiency, and Durability
If you want to get one of the best chainsaws on the market, you need to check the features and specifications of the model.
With a 20-inch chain and a 46cc gas-powered motor, this model will remain as one of the overall best chainsaws.
Especially for those who want top-quality power, efficiency, durability, and an overall reasonable price.