Terrain tires come in different sizes and shapes. Different treading designs, together with internal construction, makes it possible for the tire to conquer uneven, soft, and loose terrain surfaces. Besides, it is still capable of delivering excellent performance on-road.
However, these tires are versatile in their performance and have been designed majorly for light trucks and SUVs. Furthermore, Radar is one of the most reliable manufacturers of tires in the market today.
The A/T5 features a unique and innovative stone-prevention-technology that prevents debris and stones from lodging and drilling in the tread. Likewise, it has been tested proven in the harshest terrains against the best competitors.
However, it is the perfect all-terrain and all-season tire for people who drive off-road who also need a reliable on-road performance.
Radar Renegade A/T5 specs
Radar Renegade has the following specifications:
- Product type: SUV/trucks
- Product weight: 69 pounds
- Product dimension: 35.4 x 20.5 x 35.4 inches
- Section width: 295 mm
- Aspect ratio: 65
- Rim diameter: 20 inches
- Load index rating: 129
- Construction: radial
- Speed rating: H
- Tread depth: 17.64 inches
- Performance: all-terrain
- Season: all season
Available sizes of the Radar Renegade A/T5
Radar Renegade A/T5 comes in 6 sizes. 15,16,17,18,20, and 22.
Radar Renegade A/T5 Features
Most customers are looking for a rugged tire that will serve them for different purposes.
Hence, when you take a look at the features of this tire, you will be impressed and want to get it.
- All-terrain traction
- Improved controllability
- All-weather traction
- Three-ply construction – increased resistance to punctures and stability
What makes Radar Renegade A/T5 so awesome?
Long-Lasting Tread Life
To withstand the rough terrain surface pressure, any all-terrain tire must be from sturdy rubber materials. Also, this toughness also affects the life of the tread life of the model.
The rubber’s durable materials are wear-resistant, so they reduce the early formation of tread wear. In addition, the usability of the Renegade A/T5 relies on the tread design.
The low footprint and the stabilized elements of the tread help the model to distribute driving pressure evenly on the tread area.
Handling and Controllability
The tire tread layout and the balanced footprint must always maintain contact with the road surface to ensure better control.
However, the increased surface contact improves driving reactivity and reliability and retains full control by the driver over the vehicle.
Likewise, the tread layout of the Renegade A/T5 features a stable center tread that ensures ground surface contact at all times. This allows the model to boost reactivity and steering stability.
The improved surface contact allows the model to withstand pressure, and to react quicker and more accurately to the driver’s commands.
The shoulder stepped tread prevents displacement by offering additional grippy edges to grasps the surface during the vehicle maneuver.
The combination encourages the driver to drive the car on and off the street with ease.
To withstand harsh off-road terrain conditions, all-terrain tires must be durable.
This helps to efficiently handle all terrains without damaging the surface of the tire.
Strengthened steel belt construction is key in the design of Renegade A/T5. The internal build-up is reinforced to withstand the driving pressure and load, affecting the tire during its performance off-road.
There’s no change to the real shape. This is because the strong structure endures pressure from the load handling and carrying capacity of the tire. The tire will perform securely throughout its lifetime.
Also, the tire protects itself by actively avoiding damage to its case. The sturdy construction prevents cuts and punctures from reducing the usability of the tire. Also, the self-cleaning ability of the tread repels stones. In this regard, you are guaranteed to have a long-lasting service life.
Radar Renegade A/t5 All-Weather Performance
Weather traction tires guarantee an assured all-year-round performance. For a safer driving experience, the tread design and all-season compound combine. This leads to a more stable and durable surface gripping tire.
In addition, Renegade A/T5 uses its aggressive and detailed tread pattern and all-season compound to boost all-season grippy capability. The rubber is flexible at different temperatures. The durable compound in the tire makes this possible.
- This guarantees that the tire will be performing excellently from colder winter to the heat of summer. On the other hand, the stepped shoulder tread blocks and the symmetric tread feature a comprehensive sipping style.
- The elements of this tread increase the biting edges that grips road surfaces in all-weather to promote year-round safe driving. The placement of the nice groove and open shoulder design combine to prevent hydroplaning.
- Hydroplaning is a road hazard that occurs when mud and water that is on the surface of the road comes in between the tire and the road surface. Consequently, it causes the vehicle to skid. This makes the driver lose control of the vehicle, which may lead to a dangerous situation.
- The groove details of the Renegade A/T5 avoid hydroplaning by redirecting slush and water away from the tire’s footprint. This improves its contact with the road surface and guaranteeing a secure drive.
Radar Renegade A/t5 All-Terrain Performance
In the manufacturing of the A/T5, a durable compound with excellent tread design combined to boost the tire’s all-terrain traction. These materials combine to ensure excellent loose, soft, and on-road gripping ability.
- The tread pattern on the A/T5 features a detailed design molded from a resilient compound. The high-density sipping detail on the large, spaced tread blocks improves the grip of the model on loose, soft, and uneven terrain conditions.
- Likewise, tread components firmly grasp the surface of the road and terrain to provide a safer driving experience.
- Moreover, the spaced shoulder blocks boost the loose and soft terrain traction so that the tire does not get caught in deep mud.
- Through stone ejecting technology, the deep grooves and spaced shoulder blocks remove mud and rocks to keep a clean footprint.
- As a result, it prevents the retention of stone, which may be blocking the tire’s surface contact while improving excellent traction on all-terrain surfaces.
How to store the Radar A/T5
- With wheel: with a bike on the tire, you can store it in two ways. Either you suspend or stack it up.
- Without wheels: when there is no wheel on the tire, you should store it by placing it in an upright position. Remember to rotate it every four weeks.
User Feedback and Reviews: What People Said About the Radar A/T5
you might want to know what people are saying about this tire. Read on to find out what impressed most users and also their complaints.
Most common complaints
- Noise: this tire makes a loud noise within the first 500 miles before quieting down.
- Balancing: some reviewers complained about balancing the tire on their wheel. There was a severe complaint about wheels shaking.
Most common praises
- Best budget price: the quality of the performance of the Renegade A/T5 is excellent when you consider the price. Most tires in the same price range do not meet up to it in durability and ruggedness.
- Great control: the tire has been built to maintain firm contact with the road surface. This gives total control to the driver of the vehicle.
- Warranty: it comes with a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty.
How much does the Radar A/T5 cost?
You can get the Renegade AT/5 for any price around $200. It is the best budget all-terrain tire you will get in the market. It offers more than the amount you are paying.
Why buy the Radar Renegade A/T5?
Radar Renegade A/T5 is for people looking for the best budget price tire. It delivers reliable and satisfying performance.
Unlike many other budget tires, it offers an all-terrain performance for both off-road and on-road traction. Therefore, the tire comes with added biting edges on the casing that increases the grip on road surfaces.
Radar is a new brand in the tire industry. It’s hasn’t gained the popularity of the top brands in the market for a long time.
However, it is only a matter of time before many people come to accept their product because of the great functionality and durability that they offer.