The PORTER-CABLE PCE211 corded impact wrench has its place in every home garage. An affordable price point, powerful torque, and consistent performance make this power tool a great investment.
Impact wrenches give you a mechanical advantage. This pistol-shaped device delivers high power through a heavy-duty output shaft. When you need to turn nuts and bolts, this power tool provides the grip and torque you need to get the job done.
With the PORTER-CABLE PCE211, you can perform auto maintenance and complete home repair projects with minimal exertion.
Below, we have prepared a detailed review of the PORTER-CABLE PCE211. Please consider these factors before making a purchase.
PORTER-CABLE PCE211 Specs
The PORTER-CABLE PCE211 has the following specifications.
- Weight (lb.): 7.5
- Dimensions (in): 13 x 4 x 11
- Volts: 120V
- Torque: 450 ft-lb
- Motor (amp): 7.5 amp
- Speed: 2,200 RPM and 2,700 BPM
- Hog Ring: ½ inch
- Power Source: Corded-electric
- Warranty (mos.): 36
PORTER-CABLE Models Available
Here we have compared some of the alternatives of the PORTER-CABLE PCE211 corded electric impact wrench.
PORTER-CABLE PCE211 Features
This is one of the most powerful corded impact wrenches. It is known for exceeding customer expectations for its quality and ease of use.
Let’s take a look at its exceptional features below.
5 Amp Motor
This motor provides the power you need for heavy-duty applications. It can perform daylong work without stalling or overheating.
Many users report that this impact wrench has more torque than many ¾” air impacts. The motor provides 450 ft-lb of torque. This allows you to install and remove heavy fasteners with ease.
2,200 RPM and 2,700 BPM provide fast application speeds. When you combine the speed and power of this tool, you can tackle tough jobs with positive results.
Forward/Reverse Rocker Switch
With a single click, you can loosen or tighten nuts by going from forward to reverse.
What Makes the PORTER-CABLE PCE211 So Awesome
The PORTER-CABLE PCE211 is a popular choice among amateur mechanics and when you need to perform simple repairs. Here is a list of some of the features people love about it.
- ½ inch Hog Ring Anvil –. This feature allows for easy socket changes. You can switch sockets quickly without much hassle in-between.
- Versatile – This corded impact wrench is perfect for changing lawn mower blades, removing wheel bolts, oil drain plug bolts, and more.
- Heavy-Duty – Heavy motor equals a stronger motor. Quality engineering not only makes this a tool that maximizes productivity, but it is also durable and long-lasting.
- Warranty – This impact wrench is backed by the PORTER-CABLE 3-year limited warranty. It guarantees the tool to be free from defects in material or workmanship for three years. You also receive one-year free service contract and a 90-day money-back guarantee.
How to Use the PORTER-CABLE PCE211
Before using the impact wrench, carefully read the entire instruction manual.
How does an impact wrench work? Impact wrenches contain a hammering mechanism that delivers sharp concussive blows extremely quickly. This feature allows the tool to operate with an immense amount of torque.
- To use your PORTER-CABLE PCE211 impact wrench, begin by selecting the correct socket for your application. Impact wrenches do not utilize ordinary sockets. The average socket is not designed to handle a cyclic load. They also wear out quickly and do not fit the tool correctly.
- After choosing the right socket, plug the tool into a power source.
- Use the trigger to loosen or tighten nuts, bolts, and more.
- For those who are new to this tool, it can be very easy to underestimate the torque. If you aren’t careful, you might stretch or strip the threads.
- After use, always turn off the machine.
- Tools last longer if they remain clean. Simply wipe the tool down and put sockets back in their case. Keep away from water, as it will rust.
- Safety Tips – You can reduce the chance of injuries by wearing eye protection, gloves, and a heavy apron.
- There is always the possibility of kickbacks while using power tools. Give yourself enough space to have steady footing.
- Always hold the impact wrench with two hands while operating.
- Never use electric power tools in wet and rainy conditions.
- Also, refrain from removing the housing cover from your impact wrench while using.
Now, you are ready to operate your PORTER-CABLE PCE211 impact wrench. Please watch the following video for unboxing and start-up assistance.
User Feedback & Reviews: What People Said About the PORTER-CABLE PCE211
Users praise the PORTER-CABLE PCE211 for being one of the best-corded impact wrenches at an affordable price. Read on to discover both the positive and negative feedback about this tool.
Most Common Complaints
- Size – This PORTER-CABLE corded impact wrench is heavy, bulky, and quite large. While it is a well-made tool, its size makes it challenging to work with in confined spaces. Generally, it takes two hands to hold and operate this 7.5 lb tool. It also features a large 2-finger trigger.
- Overheats – Many users report having to return the tool after several uses when it stops working. The most common complaint is that the motor begins overheating and producing white smoke. Often, never working again.
Others remark that the tool first smelled like melted plastic, followed by a buzzing sound, and then it locked up. Sometimes the motor spins without the tool working.
- Loud – Although not as loud as a pneumatic impact wrench, it is difficult to operate without hearing protection.
Most Common Praises
- Powerful Motor – Unlike battery-powered impact wrenches, this power tool gives a consistent performance every time. It is considered a “workhorse” or “beast” of a tool. It never slows down and is long-lasting.
- Well-Made – This tool is balanced so that the weight is distributed evenly. The cord is long, thick, and secured well to the tool.
A soft, textured rubber handle provides a comfortable grip and absorbs vibrations while in use.
- Saves Time – With little effort, you can free bolts that were impossible to break loose with a breaker bar. This tool makes every job easier and speeds up productivity immensely.
How Much Does the PORTER-CABLE PCE211 Cost?
You can purchase the PORTER-CABLE PCE211 for under $80. If you compare this impact wrench with similar models from competitors, you will find this is a reasonable price. This is not a professional tool, so it does not come at an extravagant price point.
It is also a less expensive option in comparison to an air impact wrench. While the air impact wrench produces more powerful torque it also requires that you invest in an air compressor.
Battery-operated versions of the impact wrench are be convenient. They are also substantially more expensive and you sacrifice power and less torque than a corded version.
A corded impact wrench can be made more convenient by adding an extension cord. This makes it a viable cost-effective option, giving you the mobility of a cordless impact wrench.
Why Buy the PORTER-CABLE PCE211?
The PORTER-CABLE company has been known for quality, performance, and reliability since 1906. If you are remodeling your bathroom, this tool is perfect.
The PORTER-CABLE PCE211 corded impact wrench is an excellent choice based on customer reviews. It takes the strain out of removing stubborn nuts and bolts and helps you get the job done fast.
This impact wrench has its place in a mechanic’s toolbox. While it is very powerful and efficient, it is also easy on the wallet.