A power inverter changes DC (direct current) power into AC (alternating current) power used to run different types of devices (Source). If you need an inverter for heavy-duty applications such as refrigerators, toaster and microwaves, then Jupiter 2000W Power Inverter is a safe bet.
Providing a good amount of wattage, Jupiter 2000 Watt Inverter can power most units from kitchen appliances to power tools to washing machines to TVs and computers. No matter what devices you plug, you will always get a safe and reliable performance.
This modified sine wave inverter can be used as a portable emergency power source while on the go. For example, it can be used on the go at camping sites, on food trucks, and so on. It can be hardwired into boats, vehicles, or RVs.
Don’t leave anything to chance. In the event of a power outage, Jupiter 200 Watt inverter will be your backup power supply and help you continue to use your appliances uninterruptedly. This way, it can save yourself a lot of headaches.
Because of the portability, efficiency, and ability to run a variety of appliances, it stands out as one of the best 2000-Watt inverters right now. Keep reading the Jupiter 2000 Watt Power Inverter review to find out more.
Jupiter 2000 Watt Power Inverter Specs
- Output voltage: 120 Volts
- Output Continuous Watts: up to 2000
- Output Surge Watts: 4000
- Low battery shutdown: Yes
- Thermal overload protection: Yes
- Remote switch: No
- Sine Wave Type: Modified
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 12.2 x 6.6 inches
- Product Weight: 8.51 pounds
Jupiter 2000 Watt Power Inverter Features
- High surge capacity – It supports products requiring up to 4000W to operate
- Modified sine wave – Suitable for systems without delicate electronics (up to 87 percent efficiency)
- Continuous power supply – It can output up to 2000 watts continuously for the entire runtime
- Different types of protection – From overload and short circuit protection to high temperature protection
- 1A USB port – It is compatible with any smartphone and tablet
- 3 120-Volt AC outlets – The device is designed to fit into standard electrical outlets used in most homes
- LED indicator light
What Is Jupiter 2000 Watt Power Inverter and How Does It Work?
Jupiter 2000 Watt Power Inverter is meant to convert 12V DC power into standard 110-120V AC power that is suited for most household appliances.
How to use it? All you need to do is plug your AC equipment into the inverter and connect it to the battery. It enables you to operate your AC devices off a marine or car battery for either emergencies or mobile applications.
Which devices can it run? The more wattage (power) your device uses, the more robust power inverter you’ll need. Jupiter 2000 Watt Inverter is capable of running big applications that consume a lot of power like a refrigerator, washing machines, circular saw, space heater, microwave, etc.
What do you need? This unit can be powered by a single 12V battery. In addition to the battery, you will also need a cable set.
Who should buy it? This product is particularly convenient for people who often travel. It allows you to run different kinds of electronic devices in your vehicle. For the extra amperage, make sure your truck is running.
Which Devices Won’t Function from Jupiter 2000 Watt Power Inverter?
While Jupiter 2000 Watt Power Inverter can power a wide range of household appliances and tools, it doesn’t work with all electronic devices. Any machine or tool that uses a control circuitry that involves the phase won’t work properly from this inverter.
That said, Jupiter 2000 Watt Power Inverter is not suited for many modern appliances. The high-frequency harmonic distortion in this modified sine wave inverter can cause some devices to work improperly or get damaged.
For example, it can make motors and microwaves to run hotter. Aside from the heating effect, it may produce buzzing noise in audio devices.
Listed below are devices the Jupiter 2000 Watt Inverter is not suited for:
- Magneto-optical hard disk drives, photocopiers, and laser printers
- Digital built-in clocks in devices like coffee makers, radios, and bread makers
- Pellet heaters and furnaces with microprocessor controls
- Sewing machines with microprocessor/speed control
- X10 home automation systems
- Oxygen concentrators
- Some battery chargers used in hand power cordless tools
- Some fluorescent lights or lamps with electronic ballasts like metal-halide lamps
NOTE: If you want to run any of these devices with Jupiter 2000 Watt Power Inverter, contact the manufacturer and check for suitability.
Modified Sine Wave vs Pure Sine Wave – What’s the Difference?
It should be noted that this is a modified sine wave inverter. So, if you are looking for a pure sine wave inverter, this Jupiter device might not be a good fit.
Even though both pure sine wave and modified sine wave inverters are intended to provide power to AC appliances by converting direct current into alternating current, there are some important differences between them.
When it comes to modified sine wave inverters, the voltage falls and rises abruptly. On the other hand, the voltage falls and rises smoothly in a sine wave.
These inverters are more affordable than the pure sine wave inverters. They are used for simple systems without delicate electronics. That makes then suitable for less sensitive appliances and simpler electronics.
In fact, modified power inverters are designed with resistive loads in mind. The same goes for Jupiter 2000 Watt Power Inverter.
User Feedback & Reviews: What People Said About Jupiter 2000 Watt Power Inverter
Most Common Complaints
- Not good for sensitive equipment: Unlike pure sine wave inverters, this product is not suited for modern sensitive appliances. While some of these devices will not operate properly, others won’t function at all.
- Not intended for inductive loads: Some users report that the output is a bit lower for induction motor loads. On this power inverter, you will be able to run an 11 amp motor load at a time. Make sure no other devices are running along with that load.
- Cables are sold separately: You will have to purchase a cable set separately. Whether you need 3-feet or 6-feet cords, it’s advisable to buy them from Jupiter.
Most Common Praises
- Great backup power supply: If your electricity goes out, this portable inverter will act as an uninterrupted power supply and support your devices. It will make your kitchen fridge keep running and prevent it from thawing so that you will not lose any food.
- Suited for most household appliances: This all-purpose versatile inverter is able to start and run just about any household appliance. Additionally, it works great with a wide variety of power tools (like small compressors and paint sprayers) and solar panels.
- Steady amperage and heavy-duty performance: You can expect to get reliable performance from this product. It will continuously generate an amount of electricity sufficient to run devices that require up to 4000 Watts.
How Much Does Jupiter 2000 Watt Power Inverter Cost?
While not the most affordable option available, this power inverter is no doubt a good value for money. If you are looking for a 2000-Watt inverter under $200, then it will be within your price range.
Summary: Why Buy Jupiter 2000 Watt Power Inverter?
Having a backup uninterruptible power supply is critical for camping trips and overland adventures. This is where Jupiter 2000 Watt Power inverter comes in handy.
This all-purpose inverter allows you to use different tools and appliances during a roadside stop or camping trip. It features thermal overload protection and high surge capacity for electronic devices that need up to 4000W of power output to work.
This piece of equipment can power both small and large household appliances by providing direct connectivity to the battery. Despite the fact that Jupiter 2000W inverter can’t support some modern appliances, it is still worth a buy.
If you are always on the go, consider equipping your vehicle with this inverter and get the most out of your camping trips.