Finding a reliable mower for your lawn care can be a real challenge. The Husqvarna brand is trusted for its quality products. If you want something that is going to last you a few seasons, and also has low maintenance, then you have found the perfect mower.
The Husqvarna is not perfect. It does have a relatively small bag, so keep that in mind if you have a large area to mow. If that’s the case, you’ll want to consider a riding lawnmower. But, for your average lawn, the Husqvarna Lc121p will get the job done.
Powered by a 168cc Briggs and Stratton motor, this mower leaves no area uncut or stuck. The engine is guaranteed by Briggs and Stratton for a two year period. This mower is also easy to push, and control, although there is no throttle adjustment it will clear even the toughest of terrains.
We want to be fair and unbiased in our review. In order to help you make the correct decision, we compared the top features and drawbacks of this mower.
Husqvarna Lc121p Specs
Here are the Top Specifications for the Husqvarna Lc121P:
- 95 CU IN W-26 EXI Briggs & Stratton Engine: This beauty is air-cooled and capable of producing a high performance with a lightweight. This engine is also one of the lowest maintenance engines available today.
- Four Point Adjustment: Different Lawn objectives call for different cutting heights, you can find the perfect height every time with nine adjustable positions.
- Steel Blades: Cutting in a 22inch diameter these steel blades should last a long time, and shouldn’t need to be sharpened as often.
- 2 CU Feet of Collection room: One thing I always need is more collection space, this bag holds up to 2.2 Cu feet of cut grass.
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Large Wheel size: 8” front and 11” rear wheels provide better overall steering support
How It Stacks Up Against the Competition
Husqvarna is among the top competitors for commercial and private use mowers, here is how the competition measures up.
[table “611” not found /]
Why We Love the Husqvarna Lc121P?
One of the best features of this lawnmower is the sealed ball bearing wheels that come with it. This makes it extremely easy to push the mower over any terrain. With four different adjustable levels, you can cut pretty much any angled hill, there are 9 different adjustment settings.
The folding hand lever makes storage really easy. There is a shelf in my shed, and it is easy to just push the mower underneath the shelf, saving a ton of space. The different wheel sizes allow it to be easily handled in small areas.
The bag is really easy to remove and replace, it holds 2.2 Cu feet of clippings, which is not a lot, but it does the job. If you like to mulch a few times a year, and then use the bag to control the clippings the rest of the time, this mower does both of those things for you.
This mower only takes one or two pulls to get it started. It comes equipped with an auto-choke, already installed on the mower making it really easy to start. No starting fluid is necessary.
Husqvarna Lc121p Features
The Husqvarna Lc121p may not be the top of the line mower, but it sure is a good value for your dollar. Here are the top features that make the Husqvarna go the extra mile.
- Ball Bearing Wheels: The sealed ball bearings inside the wheel make it extremely easy to push.
- 3-in-1 cutting system: The three in one cutting system allows versatility across the entire lawn from mulching to an ejection model for patches in the grass.
- Foldable Handle: For easy storage, just fold it over and slide it under your workbench,
- Soft Grip: these grips are really soft, and work well in the heat.
- Straight bag through Handle: Makes bag removal easy
- 3 Year Factory Warranty: Bumper to Bumper warranty and a Briggs And Stratton 2 year warranty on the Engine!
The maintenance on the Briggs and Stratton mower is low, to say the least, you just need to make sure it has oil and gas. Take care of the mower and it will take care of your lawn.
- Check the oil level with every use
- Check gas level before every use
- Clean carburetor annually
- Check spark plug annually
- Clean air filter monthly
- Check Blade for cracks, or bends
- Lubricate parts according to the manufacturer’s specs
- Check battery (if equipped)
No annual overhauls, or regular parts replacements, no drive belts to check, or transfer cases to go out, you won’t be sitting there stumped if this thing doesn’t start. It is a really easy mower to care for.
How To Clean The Carburetor For The Husquvarna LC121P
User Feedback & Reviews: What People Say About the Husqvarna LC121P
You may want to see what other people are saying about the Husqvarna LC121p we have compiled the top complaints and praises of the Husqvarna Lc121p
Most Common Complaints
- Rear Locking Mechanism: The rear locking mechanism was damaged during shipping to some customers, but it seems to have happened quite a bit from 2017 until recently. The locking arm on the rear tires comes loose and doesn’t hold the rear tire in place.
- No Throttle adjustment: The mower only has one throttle setting, with that being said it is still a powerful motor.
- Hard time Starting: It is impossible to know exactly what the conditions were for each review, but a handful of people did state that it was hard for them to start.
Most Common Praises
- For the Price, you cannot get a better mower: Great value for your dollar with this mower. Most people had an excellent experience with the wheel adjustments, startup, and performance of the engine.
- Easy to push: Even though this mower does not have a power-driven wheel it is easy to push across the lawn.
- Great cut: This mower cuts smoothly and excellent, lawns look great after using this mower.
- Easy and Quick Assembly: Right out of the box this mower is easy to assemble and ready to use.
How Much Does the Husqvarna LC121P Cost?
This mower costs less than $300, but is well worth the investment if you have a smaller lawn to care for. This is the perfect gas-powered mower for small yards, or as a first lawnmower.
The different cutting options allow you to fertilize your yard, clean up dry patches, and get a clean cut all in one mower. It provides a great number of features for the price, a bigger cc engine, and more adjustment heights compared to competing mowers.
Why Buy The Husqvarna LC121P?
If you have a small yard, and a tight budget this is the perfect mower for you. If you have a large yard or multiple yards, you may want to consider some different options. The Husqvarna LC121P is perfect for storage in small areas and is easily started in most weather situations.
You get a good value for your dollar and get a larger engine size with more versatility than competing brands in the same 21” size bracket.
Husqvarna is a 325-year-old brand, that has made quality household products since the 1600s. There is an innovative company. They are a leader in outdoor product equipment and construction equipment. Husqvarna even created the world’s first solar robotic lawnmower.
The 3-year warranty on the mower and 24-month warranty on the engine make this purchase a good buy if anything goes wrong within normal use, and maintenance then it is covered by the manufacturer.