If you’re in search of a portable 20-gallon air compressor that can be used for different tasks, then put the Husky Air Compressor on your list. With this piece of equipment, you’ll get great value for your money.
This easy-to-use air compressor will help you inflate everything from airbags to paddling pools, to car and bicycle tires. It can also do a good job of driving different kinds of pneumatic-powered tools like staplers, nails guns, and torque wrenches.
You should consider many things when looking for an air compressor. Of course, you want it to perform flawlessly and serve you well for many years. The Husky 20 Gal Portable Air Compressor will live up to your expectations for sure.
Through its powerful motor and pump, this useful tool ensures persistent performance. A sturdy built and long runtime makes this product very competitive. It uses high-quality steel materials for its tank.
If you want to find out more about this amazing device, read on the Husky 20 Gallon Air Compressor Review. We will cover everything you would ever want to know about this air compressor.
Husky 20 Gallon Air Compressor Specs
- Type: Portable Oil-Free Air Compressor
- Material: Metal
- Air Tank: Steel, Vertical
- Max Pressure: 175 psi
- Power Source: Corded-electric
- Voltage: 120 Volt
- Capacity: 20 gallons
- Noise Level: 83 dBA
- Weight: 150 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years
Husky 20 Gallon Air Compressor Key Features
The husky air compressor includes all the features you could ever need. Listed below are the key features worth mentioning:
High-performance motor: By delivering 175 PSI, the motor will run your appliances at high performance. The efficient power output of 1.5 hp can make certain tasks take less time than usual. With such extraordinary power, this electric-powered device can get the job done just fine.
- Oil-free pump: Oil-less compressors allow for lower cost and lower maintenance. The same is true for this model. Since this eco-friendly air compressor doesn’t use oil, it operates without polluting the environment.
- Good quality materials for enhanced durability: Air tank is constructed steel to hold up to heavy usage. The tough enclosure shields vital components and reduces the risk of damage.
- Slim vertical design: Whether you plan to store this compressor in your garage or shop, it will take up little space thanks to its vertical slim design. It can stand upright on its own, but it doesn’t stand level on the ground due to the placement of the front legs. Not a big problem, though.
- Lightweight and compact: At 150 pounds only, this device is lightweight compared to other 20-gallon air compressors on the market. It is also ergonomically designed to be compact and take up less space.
More Features and Possibilities of the Husky 20 Gallon Air Compressor
- It can operate as a corded electric power tool: This electric-powered air compressor is designed to be plugged into the power source. The long power cord gives you the ability to work quite far from the source of power.
- Built-in 7-inch wheels and handle for greater portability: This high capacity air compressor is equipped with wheels for effortless moving. It also comes with a handle to be easy to carry around.
- It can be used for a wide range of purposes: This air compressor is suitable for medium-duty spray painting and automotive tasks. In addition to inflating stuff, it is also great for other tasks, too.
- Well-built tank: It should be noted that it takes some time to fill up the tank. However, once you have the maximum pressure, the unit will hold the air securely without any leaks. The air gets to the tank through an aluminum tube. There’s a ring fastened to the aluminum hose with the nut to prevent the air from leaking.
What Sets the Husky 20 Gallon Air Compressor Apart From the Competition
This user-friendly air compressor can beat its rivals in a few aspects. Here are some things that make it stand out from the rest:
- Longer running: Compared to other 20 gal air compressors in its class, this model provides about 80 percent longer runtime. If you need an air compressor that can run for long periods of time, it will suit your needs.
- More powerful and versatile than most of its competitors: The 4.0 SCFM (standard cubic feet per minute) at 90 PSI makes this air compressor perfect for an array of applications and tools. It is equipped with a powerful motor to manage heavy workloads without any issues.
- Affordable for a 20-gallon compressor: The price of this budget-friendly air compressor is on the lower end. Maybe it’s not the best bang for the buck, but it is definitely priced competitively. That makes this product appealing to homeowners.
User Feedback & Reviews: What People Said About the Husky 20 Gallon Air Compressor
Most Common Complaints
- Not so quiet operation: The manufacturer claims that the sound volume doesn’t exceed 83 dBA. Nevertheless, many reviewers stated that the compressor is pretty loud and not the quietest either. So it will bring some noise to the environment you’re working in.
- Poor design on certain parts: For example, the hose that ensures the flow of air – it starts from the compressor body and goes all the way to the tank – is prone to fail. Some people complained of experiencing leaks with this air compressor. The pressure valve may also fail and cause the tank to build no pressure.
- Plastic wheels: The wheels are made from plastic, as opposed to rubber. That makes a difference when wheeling on concrete.
Most Common Praises
- Easy to use and maintain: Oil-free design means less maintenance and easy operation. People like how the gauges are positioned (atop of the unit), as it allows for easy reading. They also said that dialing the regulator down was fairly easy.
- A trusty device that works great: Most customers said that this air compressor works good, especially for light to medium use. The fully enclosed motor and 175 PSI exceed customer expectations.
- Fairly priced: According to customer reviews, this is a nice product for the money. The Husky 20 Gal air compressor is backed up by a 2-year warranty. This will surely make you feel better when purchasing this product.
How Much Does the Husky 20 Gallon Air Compressor Cost?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $450 to $500 for this air compressor. While it is not one of the most affordable options on the market, you will get great value for money. Most users find it worth every cent.
Using the wrong devices will put you at risk of accidents and injuries. That said, you should invest in a well-designed and durable tool like this Husky model rather than buying a cheap, unreliable air compressor.
What Can I Do with the Husky 20-Gallon Air Compressor?
This multipurpose 20-gallon air compressor can work with an array of pneumatic and air-powered tools. By synchronizing with the functionality of your tools, it will make them run at peak performance.
It is perfect for simple DIY projects and can be employed for various things, including:
- automotive tasks
- inflating stuff
- HVLP painting
Is It Good for Business Use?
You should keep in mind that this air compressor is not so good for large heavy-duty projects, as it may fail when used continuously for a prolonged period of time. But it doesn’t mean you can’t use it for business purposes. For example, it can be used in commercial shops.
This 20-gallon model produces much more power output and air pressure than its smaller brothers. Unlike air compressors with fewer gallons, it doesn’t stop and start frequently when running.
The bottom line is that the Husky 20 Gallon Air Compressor is a reliable, sturdy, and efficient machine ideal for DIY use. In addition to homeowners, this air compressor is also suitable for business and commercial use for medium-duty tasks.