If you are in the market for a fast, light, and easy-to-use mower, the Craftsman M310 is a must-have for lawn care. This powerful, self-propelled lawn mower functions well on both dry, flat ground and in less-than-optimal conditions.
The Craftsman M310 has small front wheels and large rear wheels that enhance mobility. Cleaning and maintenance are minimal. Craftsman’s “check and add” oil feature saves time and money by eliminating oil changes. Simply add oil when it is needed.
A 21-inch cutting blade makes it well-suited to cover a lot of acreage in a short period of time. Below is a detailed review of the Craftsman M310. Please read it before making your final selection.
Craftsman M310 Specs
Craftsman M310 has the following specifications.
- Weight (lb): 85
- Dimensions (in): 4 x 24 x 23.5
- Power Source: Gas-powered
- Motor: 163cc Briggs & Stratton
- Engine torque: 7.25
- Bag: 2.3 Bushel dust blocker bag
- Deck Width (in): 21
- Warranty (mos.): 24
Craftsman Models Available
Here we have compared some of the alternatives to the Craftsman M310.
Craftsman M310 Features
The Craftsman M310 mower has the characteristics and functionality you need to maintain a well-groomed lawn.
Let’s take a look at the dynamic features of this lawnmower.
- 3-in-1 Deck: The convertible deck expels debris into the mower bag, out the side, or into mulch. You can reduce waste and put nutrients back into your soil by recycling grass clippings collected in the mower bag.
- Powerful Gas Engine: This 163cc OHV Briggs & Stratton motor is equipped with recoil. Pull to start – no choke or prime.
- Self-Propelled: Rear-wheel drive makes the mower easy to maneuver. Added traction and stability deliver performance for uphill and sidehill mowing. This mower performs great even on wet ground.
- Variable Speed: Set and adjust your preferred speed with the easy-to-use dual lever speed control handles.
- Deck Wash Port: The deck washout port allows you to remove grass and debris from underneath the mower with a garden hose. This helps reduce the risk of corrosion and rust.
- 21” Deck Width: The Craftsman M310 is an excellent option for mowing about ¾ of an acre or less. The 21-inch deck will cut down mowing time on a more massive yard. A 20-inch deck is a better option for a smaller yard.
What Makes the Craftsman M310 So Awesome?
Here are a few characteristics that people love about the Craftsman M310 mower.
- Dual Lever Height Adjustment: The mower’s wheels can be raised and lowered at six different position heights. This feature is convenient when mowing over tree roots or driveways. Also, the front and back wheel height can be adjusted at the same time, rather than separately, like many other models.
- Ergonomic Handle – For those who suffer from wrist fatigue, this handle is designed to minimize discomfort and has a nice shape.
- Warranty – This Craftsman mower is backed by a two-year warranty that covers any defects in material or workmanship. Any wear to mower blades, spark plugs, or expendable parts from regular use is not covered under warranty.
Craftsman boasts of over 12,000 professional repair specialists that offer expert service. Phone support is available day or night.
How to Use the Craftsman M310
Before using the Craftsman M310 mower for the first time, carefully read the entire Craftsman lawn mower manual.
Before mowing, always examine your yard for rocks, toys, holes, and tree roots. Remove debris before mowing.
Ensure that the yard is completely cleared of children and animals before mowing. You can adjust the cutting height by moving the wheels up or down to meet your requirements.
To begin use, hold the operator presence control bar against the handle and pull the drive control bar up. The machine will travel quickly as long as the bar is pulled up to the handle.
To stop the mower, release the control bar.
Tips for Efficient Operation
This Craftsman self-propelled lawn mower gives the user the ability to go in reverse when you release the handle.
Lawnmowers operate most efficiently when mowing across the face of slopes. Refrain from mowing up and down.
Mowing on wet grass increases injury due to slipping. For best results, wait until your yard is dry. After usage, the deck wash port makes cleaning quick and easy. Allow the mower to dry before storing.
Maintenance is a breeze, as the oil never needs to be changed. Just check the level and add more as needed. When you are finished using the mower, conveniently fold the handle down forward for compact storage.
Wear safety glasses with side shields while operating the lawnmower. Never wear open-toed shoes while mowing.
Refrain from making any adjustments while the mower is on. This includes adjusting the height or checking the oil or gasoline levels. Allow the engine to completely power down before attempting to remove debris or having physical contact with any part of the mower.
Now, you are ready to operate your Craftsman lawnmower. Please watch the following video for unboxing and start-up assistance.
User Feedback & Reviews: What People Said About the Craftsman M310
The Craftsman M310 is a versatile and affordable option for a self-propelled lawnmower. Users have provided both positive and negative online comments that can help you decide if this is the right mower for you.
Most Common Complaints
- Poor Manufacturing – Customers believe the Craftsman M310 mower has too many plastic pieces. The gears, rear door, and side chute are made from plastic. These pieces break easily, and replacing them can be expensive.
- Clippings Bag – The bag included with this mower does not fit properly and is difficult to assemble. While mowing, users have reported that the bag comes unattached.
- Handle – Predrilled holes in handle do not align properly. This defect often makes it difficult to tighten the t-bolt.
Most Common Praises
- Easy Assembly – From unboxing to completed assembly takes about three minutes before the mower is ready for use.
- Lightweight – Machine is easy to maneuver. It is lightweight and durable.
- Starts Easily – Does not require prime pumping. It starts quickly every time. It does not require a choke. One pull of the cord, and it starts.
- Works well on a Variety of Terrain – This mower can handle small hills and high grass. Cutting only requires one pass even over lumpy and uneven ground. Angles and slopes are no problem for this powerful mower.
How Much Does the Craftsman M310 Cost?
Craftsman products are proudly made in the United States. While the majority of their hand tools have an unlimited lifetime warranty, their lawnmowers have a 2-year warranty. You can have peace of mind that if there was a mistake in manufacturing or assembly, they will take care of you.
This mower is sold at a reasonable price of $360. For a mid-range, gas-powered, self-propelled lawnmower, you are getting a lot of bang for your buck.
Why Buy the Craftsman M310?
Consumers have trusted the Craftsman brand for generations. The Craftsman M310 is a reliable, high-quality mower at a low cost. If taken care of, this durable mower will stand the test of time.
This self-propelled push mower can be configured for almost all terrain. It is lightweight and easy to handle. With a convenient bag, variable speed, and height-adjustment, this lawnmower goes above and beyond the features of the average push mower.