If you are looking for an upright vacuum cleaner that ensures powerful suction and effortless maneuverability, look no further than the Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo. Bissell is a renowned brand specializing in high-performance, low-cost vacuum cleaning machines.
Before anything else, it is important to note that the Bissell Powerforce Helix Turbo comes in a few versions. The first original version of this vacuum cleaner was released for sale a few years ago. It was followed by improved Turbo versions:
- Bissell PowerForce Helix Bagless Vacuum 1700 (the cheapest version)
- Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo Bagless Vacuum 1701 (it is designed with the goal of eliminating the shortcomings of the previous model; we will focus on this model in our review), and
- Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo Vacuum 1797 (the latest and the most expensive version; it is still not available on Amazon)
All of these models provide multiple improvements in performance, functionality, durability, and usability. They are among the best bagless vacuum cleaners under $100.
But just because these vacuums are cheap doesn’t mean they don’t offer a good value for money. The Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo models use quality materials and components. They also come with a good number of features.
These streamlined upright vacuum cleaners leverage Cyclonic technology to maintain the cleanliness of the filter. They all feature a bagless design that is great at storing dirt and dust. So, whether you live in an apartment or home, rest assured that your floors will be perfectly clean.
Even so, you might be wondering if this bagless hoover meets your expectations and needs. To get a better idea of this vacuum cleaner, read on Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo review to find out.
Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo Key Features
- Helix cleaning system for more powerful suction and deeper cleaning: A powerful suction ensures that even the tiniest particles are pickup up off the floor. By working at 120 Volts and 8 Ampers, the quick rotating shaft produces adequate suction force for deep cleaning. Still, the suction cannot be controlled in any way.
- Dirt separation system for enhanced performance: This system prevents the dust and dirt from getting into the motor. That ensures consistent suction and vacuuming. Additionally, it protects the motor makes sure that it functions well.
- 2-row rotating brush system: Along with the TurboBrush tool, this system makes the Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo suitable for upholstery cleaning.
- 5 height settings: With more height settings, you will have more control over cleaning at all times. You can switch between these settings with ease while you’re cleaning.
- Multilevel filtration system: This feature plays a role in demolishing odors and freshening the interior. A washable filter means you won’t have to spend extra money on replacing the filters. It should be noted that this is basic, not HEPA filtration which can be found in high-end vacuum cleaners.
- The bagless design for easy dumping: This vacuum cleaning machine comes with a 1-litter dirt cup (it is located on the back portion) to collect the sucked dirt and dust. No replacement bags. Once the cup fills up with dirt, simply dump it without handling the dirt and keep vacuuming.
- The 15-inch cleaning path contributes to the larger coverage area: Its predecessor Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo 1700 has a 13-inch suction path. The extended path allows for quicker cleaning, meaning you will be able to clean your floors in less time. It can’t reach extremely tight spots, though.
What’s Else Is Included?
- Increased cleaning with 4 attachments: The additional onboard tools will help you customize cleaning effectively and easily. They include a dusting brush, crevice tool (it features turbo function), and extension wand. These can be switched out easily as needed.
- There are also a carry handle and soft bumper included for more convenience. The former feature will make it easier for you to carry the unit. The latter will decrease impact noise while protecting your furniture, walls, and doors at the same time.
User Feedback & Reviews: What People Said About the Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo Vacuum Cleaner
We’ve evaluated more than 100 user reviews regarding this product on the web. It received a good overall score and most of the reviews were positive. Here’s what people said about this vacuum cleaner.
Most Common Complaints
- Turbo Brush Roll isn’t super strong: While this air-driven system is fairly powerful, it is not as effective as motorized brush attachments. Avoid pressing it too strongly into the floor surface because that will make it stop rotating.
- It lacks some useful features: Even though this model has just about everything you could possibly need, it lacks some features that many users would appreciate. For example, it doesn’t have an auto rewind cord. Also, there’s no dirt sensors, a swiveling head, and shut-off function for the brush roll.
Most Common Praises
- Easy to empty and use: Bagless design means no expense of replacement vacuum bags. This is one of the main reasons for many people to switch from old hoover to Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo.
- Adjustable carpet settings: This sweeping machine works both on both hard floors and carpet. It comprises five carpet settings, including a “bare floor” setting that many users find particularly useful.
- Long power cord and hose: The Bissell cleaners come with a 25-ft power cord and hose that stretches to 8 feet. Many customers stated that these extra inches come in handy when squeezing into very tight areas.
- Multi-level filtration: This is what sets the Bissell 1701 vacuum apart from the rest. Febreeze filter can effectively demolish any odors, making the interior fresh and odor-free.
How Much Does the Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo Cost?
The price starts at $50 and goes up to $80, depending on the model and vendor you opt for. So, if you don’t want to spend a fortune on a new hoover but still want a decent product, the Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo is a good choice.
At an affordable price tag, this product offers an array of user-friendly features. Keep in mind that you won’t find a lot of matching vacuum cleaners in this price range. It is considered a great option for customers on a budget.
Can Bissell PowerForce Helix Turbo Do a Good Job of Vacuuming?
The suction power of this vacuum cleaner is strong enough to sweep away any debris, dirt, and dust. By forcing them down in a dirt cup, which is located away from the motor and filter, it will live your floor unstained.
This way it will keep your home clean, as well as free of allergens and bacteria. At the same time, it will reduce wear and tear on both the motor and filter, causing the machine to work well all the time.
The helix cleaning system is proven to be effective in removing dirt, dust, and crumbs. So, you can rest assured that the Bissell PowerForce will do a great job of cleaning as long as you use it the right way.
Moreover, it is equipped with filters to control odors as well. This vacuum sweeper is perfect for moderate apartment or house vacuum cleaning tasks.